For the Burger
1 Red onion
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1Fresh red chilli
2 spring onions
1 Garlic Clove
1 x 400 g tin black beans
75g g fresh breadcrumbs
1 Green Pepper
extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
Handful of rocket
2 Ripe beef tomato
75 g mozzarella cheese or Vegan cheese
2 wholemeal buns
For the Guacamole
Small red onion
- Peel the onion, finely slice into rounds and place in a small bowl with the balsamic and a pinch of sea salt. Set aside.
- Halve, deseed and finely chop the chilli. Trim and finely chop the spring onions and garlic. Halve, deseed and chop the green pepper. Place both in a mixing bowl. Drain the beans and pat dry with kitchen paper. Add to the bowl, along with the breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Season, mix the bean mixture together with clean hands. Divide into 2 balls, flatten into patties and place in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes you can also (wrap and freeze the spare for another day).
- In a small bowl, combine half the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and the yoghurt. Season well. Mix into the dressing with the rocket. Put aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. When the pan is hot, fry the burgers for 4 minutes on each side. If they colour too quickly, reduce the heat.
- Set another pan over a low heat and fry the balsamic onions for 5 minutes or until soft
- Slice the tomato and mozzarella into rounds and open the buns.
- When the burgers are almost cooked, top each one with mozzarella. Cover the burgers with a lid for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Using the pan for the balsamic onions, put on a low heat, half the buns and lightly toast
- Pop slices of tomato on each bun base, and a burger on top. Top with the balsamic onions and Avocado and bun lid. Serve with a side of rocket.