We have these super easy veggie kebabs that can be made in 30 minutes.
1 Yellow Pepper
120g Halloumi Cheese
140g Cherry Tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 bunch of fresh mint
1/2 a fresh red chilli (optional)
- Put 6 wooden skewers into a tray of cold water to soak – this will stop them from burning.
- Cut the halloumi into 2cm cubes, then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the pepper in half from top to bottom, then slice into 2cm pieces and add to the bowl.
- Cut the courgette in half lengthways, then cut into half-moon slices, roughly ½cm thick, then add to the bowl along with the tomatoes.
- Pick the mint leaves onto a board and finely chop them, discarding the stalks.
- Carefully deseed and finely chop the chilli, if using.
- Finely grate the lemon zest onto a board, then add to the bowl along with the mint leaves, chilli (if using), and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season with a pinch of pepper, then mix well to coat.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Lightly grease a baking tray with oil, then put aside.
- Thread and divide the halloumi cubes, cherry tomatoes, pepper and courgette pieces between the skewers.
- Place onto the greased tray and cook under the grill for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and the veg are soft, turning halfway through.
- Serve with a fresh green salad and some pittas.