Overnight oats are the perfect go-to breakfast, they are quick and easy and can be packed full of your favourite ingredients. We've topped ours with nectarines and almonds, but any combo of your favourite fruit and nuts will work just as well.
Makes 2 bowls
80g rolled oats
50g rye flakes
200ml almond milk (or milk of your choosing)
1 tsp barley malt or maple syrup
2 ripe nectarines or peaches
A dollop of Greek or Dairy Free yoghurt
A handful of almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- Before bed, mix the oats and rye flakes in a bowl with the zest of half the lemon and the milk.
- Grate the apple into a little bowl and squeeze over a tiny bit of lemon juice and toss to stop browning then add to the oats. Cover and put in the fridge overnight to soak.
- In the morning, sweeten the oats with a drizzle of barley malt or maple syrup and mix well.
- Divide between two bowls and slice the nectarines/peaches over the top.
- Finish with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and some chopped almonds.