Most people don't consider letting their veggies sit for a while in spiced oil but even half an hour can help the flavours ripen. Curry and parsnips is a classic in soup but brilliant as a roast. A bit of spice can cut through the richness of a Christmas roast
3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil
Parsnips split in two.
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
Half teaspoon of salt (or celery salt is good)
1) Get a big bowl and add the oil to the bowl.
2) Stir in the spices and combine well.
3) Turn the raw parsnips in the spiced oil.
4) Let them soak and make sure to turn them once or twice and recoat them as the oil tends to drop to the bottom.
5) Tip parsnips onto a roasting tray and add to hot oven.
6) Roast for 15 mins.