This recipe is a delicious and slightly indulgent way to enjoy almonds. Almonds make a great snack as they are rich in healthy fats which are good for our heart and contain vitamin E which we need for our skin, hair and nails. You can use any type of chocolate but we would recommend using 70% dark chocolate as it contains less sugar and more flavonoids (antioxidants which help protect our bodies from free radical damage).
150g whole almonds
50g 70% dark chocolate
Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread out the almonds. Roast them in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Whilst the almonds are roasting, you can melt the chocolate. Place the broken chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (a bain marie) and stir it regularly until the chocolate has fully melted. Alternatively you could melt the chocolate in the microwave but you will need to do this in 30 second increments, stirring each time.
4. Once the chocolate has melted, add the almonds and give them a good stir until the almonds are fully coated in chocolate.
5. Using a spoon, lift the almonds out of the chocolate one by one or a couple at a time, and gently place them on a piece of parchment paper.
6. Sprinkle the almonds with a little sea salt.
7. Set the almonds aside to cool completely or place them in the fridge to speed it up. Keep them in an airtight container or jar for around a month.