This recipe is a twist on the classic French toast and is a great option for brunch when you’re craving something sweet. We’ve used our Multi-seed and Cereal Pitta Breads in replace of regular bread as they are rich in fibre, and served it with berries, honey and our Raw Power Mix as a source of healthy fats. If savoury’s your thing then you can make eggy bread by swapping the cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract, for a pinch of salt and pepper, and serving with roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach.
1 half pack of Food Doctor pitta bread (3 pitta’s)
2 medium eggs
2 tbsp of milk (cow, almond or soya)
1 tsp of cinnamon
Half tsp of nutmeg
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of olive oil or butter
Drizzle of honey
Fresh berries or sliced banana
Food Doctor Raw Power Mix
- In a large shallow bowl beat together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Heat a pan on a medium-high heat and add the oil or butter.
- Soak each piece of pitta in the egg mixture for 2-3 minutes on each side. Pitta breads will take longer to soak up the egg mixture compared to regular bread.
- Fry the pitta breads in the pan on both sides until golden, this should take approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and serve with fresh berries, slices of banana, a drizzle of honey and Raw Power Mix.