Crumbles aren’t just for Autumn and Winter. We’ve used summer fruits, which are rich in antioxidants, and topped it with a wholesome crumble mix of oats, almonds, coconut oil, honey and cinnamon.
500-600g of fresh or frozen summer fruits including raspberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, blackberries, strawberries and/or cherries
Juice of 1 small orange
4 tbsp honey
2 tsp. cinnamon
150g of jumbo oats
50g ground almonds
3 tbsp. coconut oil (hard)
1 tbsp. flaked almonds
½ tsp. mixed spice
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Add the fruit to the bottom of your crumble dish. If using strawberries, cut them in half, and destone the cherries.
3. Drizzle 1 tbsp of honey, the juice of the orange and 1 tsp cinnamon over the fruit and give it a good stir.
4. To make the crumble mix, add 75g of oats to a blender or Nutribullet and blend until a fine flour forms. Add this to a bowl with the rest of the oats and ground almonds.
5. Add the coconut oil to the bowl (this needs to be solid) and rub it into the oat and almond mix with your fingers, until a light breadcrumb texture forms.
6.Add the rest of the honey, flaked almonds, cinnamon and mixed spice to the bowl and give it a good stir.
7. Pour the crumble mix over the fruit and bake it in the oven for 45 minutes until the fruit begins to bubble and the topping starts to go brown. Enjoy with cream, ice cream or coconut yogurt.