- Preheat oven to 180c and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the maple syrup, desiccated coconut, lime juice, paprika, ground turmeric, cayenne pepper, cumin seeds, garlic powder and ground cumin.
- Next add the tofu chunks and combine until they are coated evenly.
- Carefully slide the chunks onto skewers and place them on the baking tray.
- Place in the over for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the dip by combining coconut yoghurt, chopped mint leaves and grated cucumber.
- Serve the skewers on top of toasted pittas and drizzled with the yoghurt dip. Enjoy!
Serves 4 people
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
2 blocks of extra firm tofu (drained and cut into small chunks)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tabelspoon desiccated coconut
Juice from 1/2 lime
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
200ml Coconut yoghurt
Handful of mint leaves (chopped)
1/2 cucumber (grated)