We’ve topped the tuna with a delicious mix of pistachios and our super seed mix, and served it with a quick Italian salad. If you can’t find tuna, then you could use any firm fleshed fish such as cod, salmon or hake.
1. Start with making your salad. Heat a griddle pan and when really hot place on the courgette rounds in a single layer. Grill on one side until grill marks form, then flip and cook on the other side. Remove and then throw in your tomatoes and griddle until they soften and the skins start to split.
2. Place your cooked courgettes and tomatoes in a large bowl and toss with all the other salad ingredients except the rocket. Season well with sea salt and round black pepper.
3. Place the pistachios, super seed mix, parsley, lemon zest and garlic in a blender until they are finely chopped – but not a paste. Lay the mixture flat out on a large plate.
4. Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt in a bowl. Dip the tuna in the oil to coat both sides, then roll in the nut mixture, pressing the fish down firmly with your fingers so the seeds and nuts stick to both sides.
5. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan on a medium heat. When the pan is hot place the tuna in the pan and fry until the crust is golden. Transfer to a baking tray and roast in a preheated oven at 200 °C fan for 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
6. When you’re ready to serve toss the rocket through the salad to coat in the dressing. Place the tuna and a large helping of salad onto each plate.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
For the fish:
2 Yellowfin tuna steaks, weighing about 240g (or any firm fleshed fish)
1⁄2 cup (about 60 grams) roasted unsalted pistachios, shelled
1⁄2 cup (about 60 grams) The Food Doctor Super Seed mix
1 small handful flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
Zest of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, peeled
3 tablespoons olive oil
For the salad:
2 courgettes, sliced in rounds
200g cherry tomatoes
Small handful good quality olives, pitted
1⁄2 400g can cannellini or borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
Small bunch basil, leaves torn
A large handful rocket, washed and pat dry
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar