- In a food processor add all of the ingredients and blend. You want some chickpea chunks left in so don’t over blend!
- If you have time place the mixture in the fridge to firm up for half and hour
- Preheat oven to 180c and line two baking trays with parchment paper
- Next, roll the mixture into approximately 15 balls (1 tablespoons worth each) and flatten into patties.
- Brush with a tiny amount of oil and place in the over for 10 minutes.
- Carefully turn them over and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients.
- Load up the pittas with rocket, lettuce, patties and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!
Serves 4 people
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
For the patties
1 can of chickpea (drained and rinsed)
2 tablespoons gram flour
1 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Pinch of pepper
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 white onion (diced)
For the Pitta
Food Doctor Pitta Breads
For the dressing
250g Coconut yoghurt
Juice from half a lemon
1/4 grated cucumber
Handful of Fresh mint (chopped)