1. Start by marinating the fish – preferably you want this to go in the fridge a few hours before you want to cook, but even half an hour will make a big difference. Put the fish in a ziplock bag. Mix all of the remaining ingredients under Fish Ingredients together and pour into the bag, gently massaging the fish to make sure it is all covered with marinade. Place in the fridge while you prepare the salad.
2. Start the salad by quick pickling your vegetables – mix together the two vinegars, honey, Sriracha, and salt. Add the carrots, onions, radishes, and cucumber and mix together. Set aside for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. Note: you can really use any combo of these vegetables you wish, and you can also do this a day in advance. Mix together the sauce ingredients, check for seasoning and then set aside.
3. Now make the noodles and cook the edamame. Boil water and add the rice noodles. About two minutes before the noodles are done, add the edamame. Cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Return to the pot and just before serving, stir through the sesame seeds and a few tablespoons of the vegetable pickling liquid (to taste).
4. Shake off any excess marinade and heat a hot non-stick frying pan with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Fry the fish for about 6 minutes or until cooked- the cooking time will really depend on the thickness of your fish.
5. To assemble place a mound of noodles and edamame in a shallow bowl, add a piece of fish, drizzle the yogurt sauce over the fish, then top with a scoop of the picked vegetables (drained of the pickling juice), and a sprinkle of chilli and coriander leaves. Finish with a good sprinkling of Smokin’ Edamame mix right before serving.
Prep: 30 mins to 3 hrs
Cook: 15 mins
For the Fish:
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons tamari or salt reduced soy sauce
1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
4 spring onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Large handful fresh coriander stems, chopped (leaves reserved for salad)
About 600-650g firm fleshed white fish such as halibut or cod
For the salad:
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1⁄2 tablespoon sriracha
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 carrots, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. 1⁄2 small Red Onion, sliced thinly
5-6 radishes, sliced thinly
1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, halved, de-seeded, sliced thinly 250g dried Vermicelli Rice Noodles
1 1⁄2 cups frozen edamame, defrosted
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the sauce:
1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Sriracha 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Large handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1⁄2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 good handful The Food Doctor Smokin’ Edamame Mix, roughly chopped (or crushed in a mortar and pestle)